Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Recently

I've been painting furniture.
 
It started with chalk-painting our dining table.
This took about three days. I pulled fabric from my eBay inventory to reupholster the seats .
Paint and supplies cost about $80.
We originally paid $100 for this table on craigslist six years ago.
So we're still only in $180 for the whole thing!
 
I found this breakfast table and two chairs on the curb.
(I also found an xbox 360, and a bunch of Native American home dรฉcor,
as well as a doll house from the same spot).
I am kicking myself for forgetting to take a before picture!!!
Imagine the table was brown, now imagine the chairs were brown, and you got it.


I'm pleased with the results.
It's for sale on eBay and Etsy and locally (Virginia Beach) available for delivery.
 
I have a couple other pieces I am working on which I'll post soon.
 
Where does this fit into moving and dissolving my eBay store?
Well this stuff I found in the trash.. so.. there's something.

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job on all those pieces! I know how much work goes into painting furniture and also how expensive chalk paint is, but it's well worth the effort for the final results. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it was a lot of work but I love the results. I made my own chalk-paint so I saved a bunch that way, and it was really easy.

      Delete
  2. Nice!! And way to go on making your own chalk paint! BTW - this has been the best Spring I can remember having here in YEARS. It usually goes from 32 to 100 degrees with little in between. And Monday will be summer!

    I've been trying to sell on OfferUp here - lots of FLAKES! We trade several messages and then NOTHING. Same experience when I tried to buy something - lots of messages, NOTHING, then a 'I sold it' message a month afterwards.

    Antique mall is doing nothing but that's because I've only been sourcing - I haven't worked my booth. Hope to change that and load it up next week. My favorite find today: a Harley Davidson 100th anniversary teddy bear for $3. They aren't worth a ton of money on eBay but I may keep him cuz he's just darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I tried my hand at furniture painting. 3 months later I hauled the pieces off to a friend and paid her to it. I'm crafty but it was too much for me! So I really admire those who DO do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey chica! I miss you! Whatcha up to? Getting ready for the big move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - getting busy liquidating the business. My sale will be Sat/Sun 9/24-9/25 9am-4pm at the office!!!

      Delete
  5. Nice Blog for re finishing of furniture. If you favor to have both functional and pretty Teak outdoor furniture, then go for wrought iron furniture. Teak furniture can make your patio area look fashionable and lively. Homepage

    ReplyDelete