Wednesday, September 16, 2015

How To Install Old eBay App

I gave the new app a few days, but unfortunately after missing several messages and best offers due to not receiving notifications, I really wanted the old app back while eBay irons out the kinks. I searched eBay forums and found the answer.



Thanks to Kyokat12 on the eBay forums for these easy instructions:

1. Uninstall current awful ebay app
2. Google search "old ebay app" and tap on the first website
http://app-oficial-de-ebay.en.uptodown.com/android​/old
3. Select the version on the right-hand side, version 3.0.0.19 (the last version before the new monstrosity)
4. Download
5. Go to your Play Store home page
6. Click Apps
7. Tap the top left menu, then select My Apps
8. Under your Installed list, find the newly downloaded Ebay app, select it
9. Bring up the menu by tapping your bottom left pad (left of the phone home button)
10. Uncheck Auto-Update

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this. I just reinstalled the old app. I too was having issues with the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who hated the new app. It was designed by someone who was a buyer not a seller. It seems like everything I typed in would go to search for ebay user name. I put up with it for 2 weeks before I gave up. I'm too old to change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I tried to do this, it said it could harm my device.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It said that for me too, I think it's just a warning. I'm still using this older version - no problems.

      Delete