Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Plan

I was a really big and stressful week for me as far as eBay is concerned. I took a huge leap and have rented an office space to run my eBay business from. I have thought about this quite a few times since I started eBaying. It was always more like "wouldn't it be nice if I had an office and it had storage space" vs. "I am going to get an office."

This week an ad an Craigslist came up for an office with storage for a very reasonable rent. The kicker? It is about a mile from my home. I had to go check it out.

The front office - has a bathroom, closet, utility sink

The back storage area - has a door and a roll-up garage door

If you were to ask me what my ideal eBay office set up looks like this would be it. It is truly and ideal space, and it is close to home and school. But I'm not going to pretend this was an easy decision. I've been doing well selling out of my closet for a little extra money for the family, but this is a big step. 

Its a few hundred bucks a month, but any hesitation I had was less about the money, and more the commitment to eBay. There were many "what if's" that went through my mind before I made my final decision to sign the lease. Like, what if I decide tomorrow I hate eBay? Well, I don't see that happening. I'm too addicted to the "cha-ching" notification on the eBay app. So I decided  to go ahead, and let myself get excited, to sign the lease, and to try to eBay full time. 

I will need to quickly get my inventory up to 1000+ items. Even if I have to tread water the first two months I know with the new storage space I will be able to quickly start making more money, and not limit myself to smaller items such as mugs, flatware, fabric and Playmobil like I do now. 

So that's the plan. I'm going to eBay full time, and it's going to be great. Am I nervous? Yes! Excited? Yes. Confident? Yes! So I gotta get to thrifting and listing... let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. The space looks amazing! What a great find, and a great motivation to take the next step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it motivated me/pulled me to make the decision.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a great find at such a reasonable rent. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I really appreciate it! I'm so nervous it's nice to hear the support!

      Delete
  3. What do I think?! I think we need to have that cup of coffee at your new place vs VBAM! What delightful news! Climate control, good lighting, a bathroom, space for treasures - what a great set up! I think this will make you even more efficient - maybe you won't have to break down your photo area? You can lock the door and really get away from the business when you want. Best of all it's only a mile away! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we totally will! I've already added a Kuerig on the to be thrifted list. And you're right I will not have to break down my photo area..which will be so nice for efficiency.

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo!! Congrats on your new space. That is so amazing and it seems like a steal in terms of rent.

    Cheers to your success,

    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete