Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What the eBay?!? Wednesday 6/4/2014

I discussed eliminating the $.99 auction from my business model earlier this week, and there were several comments on the subject. I am still planning on no longer using this format. But thought for this week's What the eBay Wednesday!?!, I'd feature some successful $.99 auctions...

Runner Up - $99.00 Auction Start

Last week I ran into another reseller at Thrift Store USA, she told me she'd found a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes there the week before. These were very popular in the early 2000's because Sex and the City was a huge HBO hit at the time. I think the key here was the use of "Sex in the City" in the listing title!

 
Click here for bidding activity
 
Okay now onto the $.99 Auctions...

3rd Place
 
World of Warcraft... something...

 
Okay so this didn't start at $.99 it started at $1.00
See bidding history here
 
2nd Place

A full of tools Craftsman professional series toolbox.
The seller did great with a $.99 auction start, but the buyer got an amazing deal as well.


 
Click here to see bidding activity

1st Place
 
This really puts the WHAT in the what the eBay Wednesday... I couldn't even tell what it was at first, my husband had to explain to me it is a signed card made out of a jersey. And yes, it started as a $.99 Auction!!!

 
For bidding history click here
 
Wow! I'm still not going to list with a $.99 start price anymore, but what do you think? Have you had any surprisingly successful auctions ($.99 start or not)? My most surprising was a vintage Virginia Tech fridge magnet which sold for $15 with a $.99 start.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome auctions, but that is so rare. I've learned to start my auctions at the absolute minimum I'm happy to get for the item, and if it gets bid up, that's great. If not, I'm okay with that, too.

    ReplyDelete