Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sum it Up Sunday 12/6/14

This was a busy week. I spent lots of time getting through some backlog, enough that I felt caught up enough to do some sourcing Saturday. I stopped by an estate sale, and Family Thrift Center. I had a couple really slow days last week. But overall sold 21 items for $425, and average of $20/each. Much like the previous week, I did not have any big sales, but rather smaller ones that added up.

Vintage SEARS porcelain nativity 
I paid $2.99!! at Thrift Store City - It had over 10 watchers when it finally sold. I usually don't pay attention to watchers, but I was like okay over ten, come on one of you must seriously want to buy this thing! Finally someone did for $39.99

True vintage 1950's child size rabbit fur muff
Sold for $20 over night, I paid $1 on Black Friday at a thrift store in PA.

Mindy Kaling/Kelly Kapoor Dunder Mifflin Coffee Mug
I picked up this mug because I sold a Community Troy and Abed mug months ago for $40, I just checked recent completeds and its going for more like $20 now, still BOLO... anyways, I immediately grabbed this mug, and it's companion mug featuring Andy/Ed Helms.
I paid $.65 each, this one sold for $14.95 this week

I got this crewel textile art wall hanging for $5 on Black Friday at Goodwill in PA.
I took a best offer of $25. The buyer and I went back and forth, and I could tell she really wanted it, so I let it go for a $20 profit. I have two others listed.

Speaking of vintage art I sold my first paint by numbers piece this week
Sold for $29.99, paid $3 at Thrift Store USA a couple months ago

Overall I'm not feeling a huge difference in the fourth quarter. It seems steady to me, and my sales reflect what I have been listing, much like the rest of the year (aside from August)..
We're going to Colorado later this week and my store and blog will be on vacation. I think I am going to actually put my store on vacation for the 6 days we'll be gone, and not just extend shipping time. I don't know when we will have WiFi, and I will not have much cell service, so I'd rather not be held responsible for not answering questions quickly, etc.

How was your week? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Love the colors in that crewel piece. My sales have been steady as well. I was pleased to get another Bonanza sale and another etsy sale. Have a nice week in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - I'll miss your blog. Have a great time out West. Not sure if you'll be in same area but wouldn't it be funny if you ran into Maxine at the GW outlet!

    ReplyDelete