Monday, July 7, 2014

*Update* USPS Carrier Pick Up

We've lived at our current house for a year. We had the same mail carrier for the first ten months. About two months ago, we started having new carriers almost everyday, the Saturday carrier is consistent, but the weekday ones are different. I talk to them and ask, "are you the permanent carrier now?"  and they are like "Oh haha, who knows when that will happen!" What does that even mean!!

One week we had the same guy all week, he was great, gave me a postal box and was super helpful. The next week he was gone, and so was my box:(

Well, over the past two months I have used the pick-up service at least 4x a week. And at least one of those times every week they do not pick up my packages.

I'm SO frustrated, because now a tracking number is not being scanned within the one day time frame - and it is going to start dinging me in August if this continues:(

I have talked to the people at the Post Office but I'll let this image tell you how that went:

 
I haven't even reviewed it. Validating, but not solving my problem.
 
Today was  my breaking point with frustration over this.  We left at 4:30 PM, and the truck was at the end of the street. When I arrived back at 10 PM I had a package from USPS and my outgoing packages were still sitting there. GRRRRRR. I just sent an email to USPS through their website, but I have a feeling this problem will continue.
 
One day doesn't usually make a different to the buyer, but it is going to make a huge difference to eBay soon...
 
I was printing out my pick up request every day after the first time this happened, and taping it to my mailbox, but then they still would forget so I stopped wasting the paper.
 
Any suggestions? (And yes, I could take the packages myself, but that is not the point here, this is a service they offer and should follow through with it.)
 
*** UPDATE***
 
I ran into the mail carrier who was doing the route today, and spoke with her. She said it was her first day on this route, but she was just a sub and would not be doing it regularly.
I explained that my packages hadn't been picked up the day before, and sure enough she had TWO pick-up requests for me (one from each day).
 
She said she would come back with the truck to pick them up.
Later I went out to grab the laundry basket I set them in and saw that she had taken all but one package! It was white and smaller and at the bottom but still COME ON.
 
I am so frustrated with this. Grrrrr. I will be going to the post office tomorrow. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. You say you've talked to the "people" at the post office. Have you complained specifically to the Postmaster at that location? If you don't get a satisfactory response from that Postmaster, I would ask for the contact info to their "regional" superior. And if s/he doesn't give it to you, I would go to the other nearest PO location and see if they will give you the info on who to complain about your post office. I would also call the main 1-800 USPS number to find out where you can file a verbal/written complaint. Just some suggestions that come to mind ... I know I would not put up with that and would definitely be complaining ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, you're right I need to make sure I speak to the right person, specifically the postmaster. I have a feeling, due to the overall dissatisfaction at that location that I will need to speak with the regional in charge.

      Delete
    2. thank you, you're right I need to make sure I speak to the right person, specifically the postmaster. I have a feeling, due to the overall dissatisfaction at that location that I will need to speak with the regional in charge.

      Delete
  2. we have the same thing. Our wonderful driver took "a driving" route over the "walking" route. Our semi normal carrier said that the PO went from starting pay at $21 to $15 and post offices are having a hard time keeping good carriers. We have had subs 2 weeks ago that drove over an hour to get here.
    To save irritation, I drive my packages to the PO now. Heck, I don't have to tip them at Christmas that way LOL

    On a different note, I talked to Seller Outreach the 1 day scanning really irritated me. It only has to be scanned along the way. It doesn't need to be scanned within 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is a walking route too and I think that is 90% of the problem. They get done with the route and just forget to go pick up the packages.

      That is good about the scanning though. But my overall frustration is still high with USPS over this. Like I said, they offer the service; they should follow through.

      Delete
    2. I guess I'm lucky to be on a driving route. I didn't realize how bad it could be. Occasionally my pick up is missed but it's picked up 99% of the time. I'll count my blessings now.

      Delete