Monday, July 28, 2014

Sum it Up Sunday 7/27/2014

I was out of town over the weekend, and it just happened that I had to pass by the Hampton Goodwill Outlet on the way. I stopped both times and got a bunch of backpacks, Pampered Chef, ink stamps, and miscellaneous things to list this week. I spent a total of $35 from the two trips about $.75/item.
Today there was a fight that broke out over the bins. It was ridiculous. Today was only my third trip there, and I had never been there when they were rolling bins out. It was like piranhas stripping a carcass clean. But you better believe when the next round came out I was right there in the middle of the chaos (the thrifting chaos not the fighting of course).

I had nine sales this week totally $196. I had three $40 range sales, one being these wooden plates. There are no seems, so they are made from a single piece of wood. They were hand made in Haiti in probably the 60's.

 
Paid $12. Sold $45 + shipping to a buyer in L.A.
 
I also sold this Harry Potter Quidditch Stick for a $20 profit:
 
 
 
Also this week:
 
- The Post Office called me back and assured my they are taking care of the package pick up problem. We finally have a new full time postal carrier and she is GREAT. I've told her about my business and she has not forgotten my packages once.
 
- I got my TRS Status; Yay discounts!
 
- I sold a few pieces of fabric, so I should have listed it much sooner. If you have fabric waiting to be listed, let this be your motivation!!
 
- Five of my sales were mugs or glasses. Just when I was thinking about slowing down on buying mugs. One was this set of gorgeous Knobler Japan Mugs:
 
 
Paid $1. Sold $39.99. They took three months to sell.
 
Hope that you had a great week! I'd love to hear about any cool sales you had, or recent thrifting experiences.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great sales! And don't give up on mugs. I sell most of mine in Fall/Winter. Congrats on making TRS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I honestly didn't even think that people would buy mugs more in the fall. But now that you say it it's like , duh okay I will not stop buying them!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I honestly didn't even think that people would buy mugs more in the fall. But now that you say it it's like , duh okay I will not stop buying them!

      Delete
  2. Wow - an honest to goodness thrifting fight! I give you props for getting in the muddle of the "rolling out of the bins". You go girl! Sounds like an awesome trip. Can't wait to see the treasures you're going to list!

    BTW - I LOVE your blog!! You are consistent and informative. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And duh! Where are my manners!? Congratulations on TRS! ! ! What a great accomplishment. I'd be shouting it from the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah for TRS...and yes I have fabric to be listed. Lesson taken :D

    ReplyDelete