Friday, January 16, 2015

Light Listening

eBay is a hands on job. We spend many hours cleaning, photographing, measuring, listing, packing and shipping. So keeping ourselves entertained while doing these things goes a long way in keeping ourselves motivated and enjoying work. While our eyes and hands our busy, it's nice to keep our ears occupied. Nancy, at Third Hand Shoppe recently posted about adding some new items to her listening repertoire, so I'm posting my go-to-listening here.

While driving today I was listening to On Point with Tom Ashbrook, and they were discussing the Golden Age of Radio. Evidently podcasting was hot for awhile, sort of fell off, and is popular again, and soaring to new heights. It's all discussed on the episode here.

Please leave your favorites in the comments, it's always great to come across new listening material.


For Foodies:
Cooking like eBay requires eyes and hands. The kitchen can be lonely and I've come to love these two podcasts. Neither are necessarily about cooking, they are both about food in every facet.

KCRW's Good Food "the show for people who love to eat"
The Splendid Table  "the show about life's appetites"

For History Buffs:
I'm a history nerd, and love both these podcasts:

The Thomas Jefferson Hour
Hardcore History

For Hipsters:

The Nerdist podcast channel, I like Moshe Kasher's podcast discussion series.*
Invisibilia*
The Dinner Party Download

Nationally Syndicated Radio:

This American Life
On Point 
The Dave Ramsey Show
Car Talk

*only listened once in the past few weeks but seems promising.





2 comments:

  1. My favorite would have to be Dave Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. I can't wait to check out your suggestions tomorrow when I'm listing. I listen to Car Talk often when I'm driving somewhere. Right now my favorites are Scavenger Life, The Moth and Serial.

    ReplyDelete