Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Things I Want to Find in 2015

This time of year is when goals are being set, resolutions are being made, and gyms are very very busy for a few weeks.

In my personal life I'd like to eat less junk, and be a bit more active. I want to work on being as confident in all aspects of my life as I am at eBay selling. Overall I want to live simply and consistently.

I do have eBay goals for 2015: Buy higher quality items and list like crazy. That's nothing new though. I have an idea for what I would like my numbers to look like, but I'm not setting numbers on any goals, no number of calories, no items listed per days, no simplify one room a weeks.. just simply and gently going to work towards these things.

I do have a list of things that I want to thrift this year:

Giant spatula/cake lifter

Aluminum measuring spoons & cups

Continue my quest for Spice of Life patterned items. I don't buy the bakeware, but I love the canisters. I'd love to find the plates and glasses! I'd LOVE a tablecloth to match or napkins at least..
An elusive Spice of Life tablecloth in it's natural environment. 
If you ever find one of these, I will buy it!
Over Christmas my Mom kind of teased me about my affinity for these, 
and their totally 80's style. But hey, I'm an 80's baby so it's fitting.

What are some things you'd love to thrift this year?


10 comments:

  1. I'd like to find a nice wooden toy box to keep toys in for when my grand nieces and nephew come to visit. And I'd love to find 50 pounds of LEGO for $20 or less. Hey, it could happen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want everything and things I don't know I want yet. Most of the things I want are to enjoy temporarily and then resell.

    But I'd love to find a few pieces of pink pyrex or hazel atlas. And a huge wooden card catalog and/or anything with a lot of shelves/bins/slots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man if there is ever a card catalog that comes up for sale around here I'm fighting you for it!

      Delete
    2. LOL - there was one at the Va Beach Antique Mall this year - gorgeous. But it was way more than I could pay - $600. Took a few months, but the vendor sold it.

      And my heart skipped a beat when I saw a smaller one at a yard sale. But it was sold! They were coming back to pick it up. Price: $30!!! My heart: broken!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm looking for a wooden chest/trunk to put at the foot of our bed for extra blanket storage. I'd also like to find some jeans for our oldest son who's 6' 7" and needs a 36" length..so that I don't have to buy them online or at the Big & Tall store. I've been looking for a year, but have only found 1 pair that was 36" long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that has to be a hard size to come buy! I've always had luck selling big and tall clothes on eBay.

      Delete
  4. I have two bathrooms in need of serious overhauls. As I'm out scouting for eBay, I will also be looking for items that I can use to re-decorate these two spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a Habitat ReStore around you? I have this pipe dream of building a house of entirely re-purposed material.

      Delete
    2. We do have a Habitat Store, but ours isn't very thrifty. I think I'll be able to find most of what i need at garage sales. I found my new in the box nickel finish vanity light fixture for one of the bathrooms at a garage sale towards the end of this summer for $3 :)

      Delete