Monday, January 4, 2016

Battle of Gettysburg & Recent Sales

Happy 2016! I hope your holiday season was relaxing, or you at least didn't suffer a nervous breakdown. Considering it was 80 degrees on Christmas Eve here in Virginia Beach, I was very surprised to see snow flurries today! January is here and that means lots of eBay sales. December was just average for me, but January is already turning out nicely. I've made over $800 in the last 7 days, which is above average for me. It also motivates me to blog because I have more to share.
 
This US Civil War Belt Buckle sold for $19.99
Not sure if it's a reproduction, the buyer and I messaged a bit and he thinks it might be real but will know for sure once he takes measurements. I was happy to part with it for $20. I got it in a lot of buckles.
 
Speaking of the Civil War, over Thanksgiving we visited Gettysburg, my favorite historic place, and while doing some research I came across and interesting collection of business cards; Battlefield Tour Guide cards. Some of these men witnessed or fought in the battle click here for more(it's worth the look if you love history!) It's really incredible.
 
 
This was my absolute favorite. Sold for $295.
Here is the listing for photo credit.
 
Moving on to more recent sales...
 
These 4T Carhartt Overalls were a trash find by my husband, who grabbed a Rubbermaid container of perfectly clean and folded clothes from the trash. (Why not drop it at the Thrift Store people!?)
Sold on auction for $13.49

This 1985 Lilian Vernon Wool Stocking sold for $20 a few days before Christmas

This was the feedback left from the buyer. I LOVE feedback like this.

I've sold two complete hardcover 1st edition Harry Potter sets in the last two months, one for $70 (best offer), another for $85 (BIN).
I stopped buying them because these are usually marked up in thrift stores, and I paid about $30 for each set, making my margins way too low. I am happy to have sold the two sets I had.

These Chinese New Year / Birthday cards sold for $20
They came from and estate sale box lot that I paid $2 for and have made my money back many times over already - this was a surprising sale as I listed them what I considered high because there were no like items. 

This GWO find sold for a best offer of $50
It was new old stock from Lazarus (do they still exist?) It reminded me of something a performer would wear while signing at a hotel lounge.
 
That's it for now. I'd love to hear how things are going for you.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Great sales. I love to hear when you get free stuff to sell. That doesn't happen to me too often unless it's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blouse. I would wear it with some nice jeans (to dress it down) and heals on a date with hubby. However, I would be tempted to sell it. It's beautiful. And it's hard for me to wrap my brain around people just throwing out perfectly good items. Laziness? Glad your hubby took the bin!

    ReplyDelete