Thursday, October 2, 2014

Broken Camera

I'm selling my broken camera for parts. It is a Canon PowerShot G12. Repair is close to $200 and I can buy a used one on ebay for $200-300, less if I'm lucky in an auction.

I have is listed for $99 F/S

Within an hour or so of listing I got this message from an eager buyer:

Hi there. Just wanted to follow-up on this broken camera. Typically these don't sell broken for anywhere near this. I understand it also has no accessories. If you'd like to do a deal today, I can go $50.00 for this... let me know, it's a very fair price for it broken with no accessories either. I also love leaving Perfect Feedback with 5 Stars across the board too. Let me know, thanks :-)

The buyer has over 1000 feedback (no sales) so it's obviously a buying ID. I was pretty offended because although I've been selling less than a year, I ain't no dummy!

"I love leaving perfect feedback" Barf! It's like a cheesy pick up line.

I wrote back and said I respectfully decline as I'd done my research and my asking price was perfectly reasonable..

Sold Listings for BROKEN G12 highest to lowest

How do you deal with folks like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment