Sunday, May 10, 2015

Maternal Mental Health Awareness on Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!!

If you're interested, please check out postpartumprogress.org for their Mother's Day rally for maternal mental health! Postpartumprogress.org is an non-profit organization that supports all types of mothers with maternal mental health awareness is their primary goal.



Also if you can spare a few extra dollars please support the Virginia Beach Climb Out of the Darkness event and fundraiser. Or start your own Climb Out of the Darkness in your county or city.

If you or someone you know may be experiencing a maternal mental health issue (not limited to postpartum depression, also including: perinatal depression, anxiety, panic, rage, OCD, or psychosis) please get help here and don't let it go untreated.

I am a "Warrior Mama" or survivor of perintal anxiety and panic, and without postpartumprogress.org I would not be where I am today: happy and healthy and truly enjoying my Mother's Day.

The second post I ever wrote for this blog was titled "Beach Combing Beach Thrifter" you can read that post here. In it I highlight my Mom and I's friendly competition over shelling (Happy Mother's Day Mom - I love you), my love for finding shells and the thrill of the hunt at both the beach, and while out sourcing.

This morning at the beach my oldest was swimming and found a "key" in the waves. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was a fork! An amazing beach worn fork. My love for flatware and affinity for shelling has official come full circle.

 
 
I was unsuccessful in identifying the pattern. I'm hoping to make this into a "key ring"
 
Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Sunday, thanks for spending some of it with me:)

1 comment:

  1. THAT is the awesomest thing I've seen in a long time! At first glance, while reading your post I thought it was an unusual key - and I just love me some keys. And to find out it was a piece of driftware - nice! Wouldn't it be cool if we could leave out "traps" full of treasures so the ocean could add its patina and harvest them after a few months!

    I love shells but have never had luck finding any at our beaches. Usually they are tiny or all broken up - and those have their place. But it would be so cool to find a whole scallop shell. What is keeping those scallop shells from washing ashore. I wonder if it's any better in the winter - have you shelled locally in autumn/winter?

    ReplyDelete