Thursday, May 15, 2014

Introduction

I started selling on eBay in Feb on a whim. I was cleaning out a closet and came across some old TY Beanie Babies. I decided to find out their value. That was when I first learned about checking completed sales. I was surprised that some of my babies were still valuable. I’d been lugging these from apartment to house, to Japan (where we lived for four years), and back. I had no sentimental connection to them, they were just more of my “stuff” - so I took the plunge, and started selling on eBay.


1993 Peking Panda sold for $90 and haven’t looked back since!

I had a HUGE learning curve at first, which mostly centered around shipping costs. I would use flat rate to mail something really light. Or too big of a box. I quickly learned to use my kitchen food scale when packing.

The other half of my learning curve came from knowing the value of something. I always carry my phone and check completedes now. But at first I had the attitude that if I like something, then someone else will like it too - this doesn’t work with thrift store prices.

Now, I’ve been ebaying for four months and am really starting to understand what sells, and therefore am generating a profit. Much of my education has come from eBay sellers and resellers blogs. I am stalking  Ms. Goodwill Haunting, Cray Cray for eBay, and The Recycle-ista regularly.

I’m generally a “lurker” and not a “poster” when it comes to social media. However, these blogs have been invaluable to my learning experience, as well as plain fun! I LOVE seeing how much money other resellers made on their finds. I want to share my scores too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! Great blog and great finds!!

    ReplyDelete