Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My First Big Thrift

Neiman Marcus Name Your Poison Glasses

We live in Virginia Beach - and there are TONS of thrift stores here. We are very lucky in that sense. Also, because it is a military town, the population is very transient. Great for resellers because there is always new stuff to thrift, and moving sales to shop.


I came across these glasses at an SPCA thrift store, and they were in my cart before I even stopped to look at the completeds on them. If they wouldn’t sell on eBay we would keep them because they were COOL. They sold for $62 to someone in Atlanta. Sets in better condition, with the swizzle sticks go for double that! There is also an ice bucket out there… so cool!!!

What was your first big and exciting thrift find?

5 comments:

  1. What a great find! I can't remember my first big find, but I remember several that when I saw them, my heart began to race, and I could barely contain myself because I knew I had found $$$$. Some of those items include a Starbucks Global City Mug, a vintage rotary dial phone, and a Dimensions Gold Christmas Stocking Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my first big finds was a Diane Von Furstenberg dress. It was very exciting. Another of my firsts was an early edition Walt Whitman book that I didn't even know what I had until I looked it up later at home. I just thought it was a cool old book but it ended up being worth $100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you able to let go of the book? That sounds like something I'd have to hang on to. Old books are so intriguing!

      Delete
    2. I love books but I had no problem selling this one. Dollar signs were flashing brightly in my eyes. It was weird to handle it though. Until I knew what it was it was just thrown in a bag at the store and then thrown into the car without a thought. Once I realized what it was I'm suddenly handling it with kid gloves. Turning the pages very carefully….etc. It was fascinating to research too. I learned some interesting things. I wish I could remember them now :)

      Delete