Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wal-Mart Populates Habitat with Spirit Families

Habitat for Humanity runs a thrift store here in Virginia Beach, called Habitat General Store. To be honest I didn’t know it was open to the public or even actually a thrift store for a long time. But one day I was in the neighborhood and stopped it.

Most of the store is home building supplies; doors, toilets, sinks, tools etc. There is a small house wares section and a small “other stuff” section. In this section I saw a bunch of those RED discount Wal-Mart stickers. I’d heard that Wal-Mart and Target donate their clearance items after a certain point to thrift stores, and I’d finally stumbled across a load.

I ended up buying 37 of these in various Virginia and North Carolina teams:

 
Spirit Family Vinyl Decals

They were marked at 1.99, but it was a sale day and they were 40%. So I paid $1.20 each. I’m selling them $10.50/piece free shipping. Not a huge flip individually about $7 but once they all sell: $7x37=$259! They are also super easy to re-list and ship.

Are there thrift stores in your area that get the leftover clearance items from big box stores? Have you had any good finds from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment