Friday, May 16, 2014

BOLO - Transparency Film

I almost looked these over at Family Thrift a month ago. I thought it was some old photo paper. But when I saw it was sealed I picked it up.

 
Transparency film for ink jet printers

Remember in school  when the teacher would put printed graphs, etc on the overhead projector, and then write on top, and wipe it off but the graph would stay? Well that’s what this stuff is, clear paper for overhead projectors. This stuff goes from $10-$40 a box on eBay.

I bought two boxes at $2 each. They each sold for about $20, making a $36 profit. Not a bad flip.  I said to my husband “BOLO for this stuff, and by the way BOLO is eBay speak for Be On The Lookout,” he looked at me strangely and said “I’m pretty sure it was law enforcement speak before it was eBay speak.” Haha! Oops.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. I thought it was an ebay original word too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... BOLO is so often used as an eBay word, that I think most of us forget it was - and still is - used by law enforcement. Love the story!

    ReplyDelete