Monday, August 25, 2014

Case

I had a case opened against me today as item not as described. Defect. It was a lot of butterfly clips that sold for $6, and one of them arrived broken. I'm pretty annoyed she didn't just message me first.. grrr. Luckily its only $6 and I'm going to refund her and forget it. I do send a printed note that says "if there is an issue please contact me using the "other" category." So I'm doubly annoyed. AND one of the tea cups I sold last week was broken on arrival. (I guess my packing skills were rusty this week) so I had to refund her too. Triple annoyed.

I finally got around to listing a few things since being back from vacation. I'm really excited to see what this coffee maker brings (I listed it on auction). A family friend gave it to me to sell because she was going to give it to Goodwill. She and her husband run a coffee shop and evidently Bodum is a high end coffee brand.


Bodum Vaccum Drip Coffee Maker

I sold this condiment dispenser within three days of listing:


XL Hot Dog Condiment Dispenser
Paid $1 Sold $14.99 + Shipping

I cleaned out my eBay area and I took a trunk load to the thrift store today. Lots of stuff that was not worth listing that had come in lots, or from the Goodwill outlet and when I got it home it just wasn't worth listing. It feels REALLY good to have all that stuff gone. It was weighing me down and keeping me from listing the really good stuff, because I would look at the pile and get overwhelmed. Now I have about three small boxes of things to list. I'm going to focus on quality over quantity for now. 




6 comments:

  1. I recently sold a Bodum coffee press for around 30.00. I think you will do well with your item.

    Defects suck! I hope next week is better :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, looking out for Bodum from now on.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the defect:( I've never heard of the Bodum. I'll definitely be on the look-out for them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the clips. I understand they were only $6 - but curious - in a case like that, do you ask them to return the other clips? Or are you cutting your losses, refunding and letting it go? It just seems so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this situation I just refunded her the cost of the item (not shipping). She asked for a shipping label to return it, but its not worth it for such a low cost item to me.

      Delete
  4. I usually go through a purging during January. By then, I am ready to put the Christmas stuff away and look forward to a new year and new start. When the new "defect" policy was announced, I went through my inventory and got rid of some items that I thought would be a problem - items that were not in perfect condition or maybe I wasn't able to test. This new "defect" policy has made me look at items I purchase with a different eye.

    ReplyDelete